How To Get The Animation Player
In order to watch the animations that accompany this tutorial you need the Powerpoint
Animation Player. The following instructions tell you how to download the player and install
it on your computer. You only have to install the player ONCE! After installation, all
animations will automatically play when you click on the animation button.
Step 1: Download The Player
Click here to download the player.
Step 2: Install The Player
- Click on the START button.
- Click on run and browse to find axplayer.exe.
- Run axplayer.exe and follow the instructions on the screen for installation.
- Remember that you must relaunch your browser for the plug-in to work!
Step 3: Set The Player As A Helper Application
See the diagram below for a visual aid while preforming these steps.
- In Netscape, click on "Options" in the menu bar
- Click on "General Preferences"
- Click on the "Helpers" Folder
- If Application/Powerpnt does not exist as a helper as it does below, you must create it:
- Click on "Create New Type"
- Type "application" in the Mime Type field
- Type "powerpnt" in the Mime SubType field
- Click on "Ok"
- type "ppz" in the File Extension field
- Click in the circle beside Launch Application
- Click on Browse and find the directory where you installed the player. When you find it
double click on it.
- It appears in the Application field (see below), click on "Ok".