- "So Where the Bloody Hell are You? Research Opportunities in Australian Cultural Studies." Modern Languages Association, Philadelphia, PA, 28 December 2006.
- “E-learning and E-quality: Using the Internet to Advantage at a Rural University.” Co-written with Dr. Richard Cunningham and Dr. Bob Perrins. Delivered by Dr. Cunningham. Society for Digital Humanities, York University, York, ON, 31 May 2006.
- “The Humanities Hypermedia Centre: An Ambivalent Perspective.” Joint conference of the Association for Computing in the Humanities and the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing, Victoria, British Columbia, 17 June 2005.
- "Performing the Pastoral: Reading Peter Carey's Bliss as a Narrative of Cultural Legitimacy." Meeting of the American Association of Australian Literary Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, April 28, 2005.
- "Mutant Message and the Message Stick: Mobilising Aboriginal Identity in a Global Age." Tenth Biennial Symposium of Culture and Society in the Asia-Pacific Region, Perth, Western Australia, December 1, 2003.
- "My Uncle Jack Wrote This Introduction: Postures, Impostures, and Hoaxes in Australian Literature." CACLALS (Canadian Association of Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies), Halifax, NS, May 30, 2003.
- "Plagiarism on the Wired Campus II: A Retrospective on a New Strategy." CACE (Canadian Chairs of English), Halifax, NS, May 27, 2003.
- "An Unsettling Affair: The Politics of Anthropological Reaction to the Mutant Message Affair." CACLALS, Toronto, Ont., May 25, 2002.
- "Plagiarism on the Wired Campus." ACCUTE (Association of Canadian College and University Teachers of English), Toronto, Ont., May 25, 2002.
- "Tales of the Transcultural Toilet: Rohinton Mistry's 'Squatter.'" ACLALS (Association of Commonwealth Language and Literature Studies), Canberra, Australia, 9 July 2001.
- "New Age Neo-Colonialism: A Mutant Response to Mutant Message Down Under." Joint session of CACLALS and ACCUTE, Edmonton, Alta., 25 May 2000.
- "Margaret Laurence: An Exploration of White Liberalism." International Interdisciplinary Workshop on Canadian Studies at M.S. University of Baroda, Baroda, India, 21 February 2000.
- "Is Canada Postcolonial?" International Interdisciplinary Workshop on Canadian Studies at M.S. University of Baroda, Baroda, India, 22 February 2000.
- "Teaching Indian Literature in Canada." International Interdisciplinary Workshop on Canadian Studies at M.S. University of Baroda, Baroda, India, 23 February 2000.
- "Containing Ethical Knowledge in Peter Carey's Bliss." CACLALS, Ottawa, ON, June 1998, and AUTE (Atlantic University Teachers of English), Sackville, NB, October 1997.
- "Writing Out of Africa: Margaret Laurence's 'The Pure Diamond Man.'" Margaret Laurence and Her Times Conference, Winnipeg, Man., October 1997; ACCUTE, St. John's, Nfld., June 1997.
- "Containing Nationalism: Neo-Colonial Gestures in Margaret Laurence's This Side Jordan." The 6th International Literature of Region and Nation Conference at St. John, N.B., August 1996.